Tuismitheoirí / Parents Information
Bí Páirteach/Join in the work!
Míle buíochas do gach éinne a d’fhreastal ar chruinniú na dtuismitheoiri ar an Luan. Bhí breis is daichead tuismitheoir i láthair agus bhí caint an-spreagúil againn ó Sharon Hayden ó Chomhairle Náisiúnta na dTuismitheoirí. Bhí na-chuid smaointe faoi obair an choiste i mbliana. Tá roinnt agaibh taréis ofráil cheana féin chun a bheith páirteach in obair an choiste. Más maith leat a bheith mar ionadaí ranga, cur ephoist g’ Eimear Lee, ár gcathaoirleach, ag email@example.com
Thanks a lot to everybody who attended our parents information meeting on Monday night. Over forty parents attended and heard a very iinteresting presentation on the role of the PA from Sharon Hayden of the National Parents Council. Some great ideas were presented on the activities that could be undertaken this year. Some of you have already volunteered to get involved in the association’s work but you can email our Chairperson Eimear at firstname.lastname@example.org to offer your services as a class rep or in any other way you think you can help out.
Do thuairim ag teastáil/Your opinion needed on new subject!
Tá an NCCA ag lorg do thuairim ar mholadh nua don gcaraclam. Léigh faoi anseo agus seol do thuairimí ar aghaidh.
The National Council for Curriculum and Assessment is looking for your views on a new ‘Religions, Beliefs and Ethics’ section of the curriculum. Please visit the site here and let them know what you think. You can also read about it in today’s Irish Times.
Féin Mheastóireacht/Self evaluation 2012
Here is an outline of our progress so far on our process of School Self evaluation. We have both the Gaeilge and English language versions available here. We are delighted to comply with our obligations to report to you as parents on our progress on numeracy and literacy and look forward to your active support in this work.
Ráiteas Féinmheastóireachta don bPobal Scoile
I nGaelscoil Osraí, bímid i gcónaí ag iarraidh sár-chaighdeán a bhaint amach i ngach ábhar. Léiríonn scrúdaithe caighdeánaithe agus bell grafanna Sigma, Micra agus Drom Conrach/ Gaeilge go bhfuil na hábhair seo an-láidir sa scoil. Tugann sé tacaíocht dár gcuid múinteoireachta agus léiríonn sé go bhfuil éifeacht ag baint leis na nithe nua a bhíonn i gcónaí á thrialladh againn le tacaíocht na dtuismitheoirí agus an Bhoird Bainistíochta. Léiríonn said go bhfuil an scoil thar an meán ins na hábhair seo, agus tá sé seo árd i measc na haidhmeanna atá againn- an caighdeán is airde foghlama a bhaint amach leis na modhanna múinte is fearr.
Léirigh anailís bhreise in-scoile na rudaí seo leanas:
- sár-chaighdeán Matamaitice a threisíonn na cinní a thógamar ó thaobh comhoibriú, idirdhealú, múinteoireacht fóirne/ buíonteagasc agus comhpháirtíocht baile/scoile.
- sár-chaighdeán sa Ghaeilge agus slat tomhais scoileanna Gaeltachta agus Gaelscoileanna á úsáid, a dhearbhaíonn an obair leanúnach, léigear sa litearacht agus sproiceanna comhcoiteann maidir le caighdeán na Gaeilge a fheabhsú.
- aithnímid go bhfuil sár chaighdeán sa léitheoireacht Béarla freisin agus infheistíocht mhór déanta sa leabharlann scoile, le cabhair pobal na Gaelscoile.
Glacaimid leis i gcónaí gur féidir a thuilleadh a bhaint amach agus tá an scoil réamhghníomhach i leith foghlaim na bpáistí.
I mbliana, beimid ag díriú ar na nithe seo leanas:
Gaeilge: an próiséas scríbhneoireachta, na seanraí scríbhneoireachta agus cruinneas na Gaeilge labhartha agus scríofa.
Béarla: na seanraí scríbhneoireachta (Writing Genres)
Matamaitic: Réiteach Fadhbanna agus Teanga na Matamaitice
Self-Evaluation statement of Gaelscoil Osraí
In Gaelscoil Osraí we are always trying to achieve the highest possible standards of excellence of teaching and learning in all subjects. The results of standardised tests and bell curves of results in the Drumcondra, Sigma-T and Micra-T tests show that Gaeilge, English and Maths are being taught to a very high standard in our school. This supports our teaching approaches and in particular shows the positive impact of the new approaches we are constantly introducing as a staff, with the support of parents and our Board of Management. They show that our school is above the national average in all three areas and this renews us in our efforts to continue to increase those standards of excellence in our teaching and learning.
Additional analysis we have done has shown us the following
- Excellent standards of Mathematics which supports the decisions we made to introduce co-operative teaching which includes differentiation, team-teaching and home-school co-operation.
- Very high standards of Gaeilge in comparison with the standards as judged in comparison with other Gaeltacht schools and Gaelscoileanna, reaffirming our ongoing work of continuously striving to improve the standard of written and spoken Irish among our pupils.
- we also recognise that we have a very high standard in English reading, partly as a result of a very high level of investment in our school library stock by all of our school community
We always accept that there is more that we have to do and achieve and our school is always pro-active in terms of our children’s’ learning.
This year, we are concentrating on the following areas for improvement
Gaeilge: the writing process, use of the different writing genres and in accuracy and richness of expression in written work and in spoken language.
English: Concentration also on the different genres of writing.
Mathematics: Problem Solving and the language of Mathematics.
We look forward to your support in this work and welcome any suggestions you have in helping our school to reach even higher standards for all of our children.
Age 13 – 14 tracksuit is €59.95,
Size S and M is €69.95
Age 11 – 12 is €12.50
Age 13 plus is €13.50
Cruinniú ar siúl anocht/Important Meeting tonight
Nuacht ó Choiste na dTuismitheoirí
Nuacht ó Choiste na dTuismitheoirí
Nuachtlitir, 24ú Bealtaine 2011
1. Clothes Sale: 20th Bealtaine, in the school hall. Clothes were donated kindly by all parents. A great night ensued and was enjoyed by all. Thank you to everyone who helped, who donated items and who supported the night.
2. DIY Help Wanted: 18th June 2011. We are trying to organise a DIY day at the school. We are hoping to build benches along by the playing pitch, to build a garden shed and to generally tidy up the outside of the school. We are trying to organise that we have all the raw materials available for the day. Any offers of help will be greatly appreciated. Any donations of building materials will be considered, eg blocks, sand. Advice is especially needed! Please contact, Caroline Clifford 0872330026 for enquiries, suggestions or direction.
3. Family Fun Day: 28th June 2011, 5.30 to 7.30pm, in the school. Yet again we expect this to be a great school occasion, where families can mix, mingle and relax for a while. All are welcome. We will need some volunteers to supervise the activities, which with many hands will only mean 20 minutes each allowing you to spend the rest of the evening enjoying the spraoi! More Information closer to the time.
4. Copper Collection: This fund-raising idea is currently under way. Each class room has a container/ jar into which we are encouraging donations of ‘coppers’. Thank you all for any contributions.
5. Confirmation: 14th May 2011. We hope all the children and their families had a great day, a special thank you to the Múinteoirí who worked with their classes to make this a great day. Thank you also to the parents who helped with the leaflets.
6. Communion: 28th May 2011. An taé bán, will take place again immediately after the communion mass in the school hall. This is a great event where families can have a welcome cup of tea after a busy morning. If anyone would like to help out on the morning or donate goodies, please let us know.
7. An Gairdín: if anyone would like to help with the school garden, please come to the garden between 1.50 and 2.50 each Friday. Small garden tools are available but bring gloves! If there is no one else there, feel free to pull some weeds!
8. Reptile Village: The parents association have arranged that reptile village will visit the school on 16th June 2011. This is a great experience where all the children will get a chance to meet and greet snakes, spiders and snapping turtles. For this event we need some help from parents. We need to be able to quickly move the classes on to ensure all children have an equal opportunity to meet the ‘lizards’!!!!
9. New entrants 2011: We would like to welcome all parents of children starting in the school next September. There was a great turn out at the parent information evening on 10 May 2011. We especially welcome new parents to the school and hope that some of these new moms and dads will join us in our efforts for the school.
10. Next year we hope to have available early in the school year targets for our fund raising efforts. Any new suggestions for fund raising events welcomed. Some ideas so far include a sponsored walk, cycle or climb.
As always all parents are welcome to contact the Coiste na dTuismitheoirí with suggestions. Please use our comment box located in the front corridor of the school.
In case you were wondering whether the Coiste na dTuismetheoiri still exist – We do! Even though we have not had a newsletter since December/January the committee has been working away behind the scenes. The Committee has met January, February and March and has been working on various issues/events.
• The Coiste have sponsored a visit to the School from the Reptile Village in Gowran which will happen in May.
• The Coiste have sponsored prizes for Seachtain na Gaeilge
• Have been investigating other options with different uniform suppliers. The Coiste are in discussions with the Board of Management with regard to this issue.
• The Coiste will be organizing the White Tea for the Communion Day this year all volunteers are welcome. Please contact Caroline Fogarty 087 292 8958
• We have discussed the idea of putting benches/seating areas beside the footpath, looking out on the playing field.
FUNDRAISING/ FUTURE EVENTS
• Copper Friday is a clever fundraising event which gets all the children involved. Each class will have a container (Like a 5ltr Water Container), Each Friday children will bring in coppers, 1c, .2c or .5c. At the end of each month the class with the most money will win a prize.
• Clothes sale; The Coiste are currently working on another big fundraising event. We are looking for clothes in good condition to be donated to the Coiste, for example clothes which are too big/too small in good condition are taking up space in your wardrobe or your children’s wardrobe. With these donations the Coiste will then organise a clothes sale. All clothes donated must be in good condition. Anyone interested in helping out please contact Kim Kinsella 0879832439. The Coiste will be in contact with further details when a date has been decided.
• The Coiste will as always organise the Family Fun Day. More details will follow with details etc.
HELP WANTED Help wanted to help out with the Confirmation Day. We need people to help put together the leaflets for the Confirmation Mass. Please contact Caroline Clifford at 087 233 0026 ASAP.
Also, help needed every Friday between 13.50 and 14.50 with the school garden. We will be there with our shovels and spades, please bring your gardening gear and knowledge, join us and help us.
APOLOGIES The Coiste would like to apologies for not holding a Communion Dress Sale/Swap. While there was some interest it was felt that there wasn’t enough interest to hold this event, however it is planned to hold this event in January 2012 in time for the 2012 communions subject to numbers. Anyone interested in this event please contact the Coiste October/November 2011.
THANK YOU The Golf day which was to be held on 29 April has been cancelled, it is hoped that taking a break from this event may generate renewed interest next year. We would like to thank all who helped to make this event a success in the past, the organizers, the sponsors and most of all the supporters.
Thank you to all who helped with the St. Patricks Day Parade to all who marched and to everyone that shouted encouragement. This year was a great success having joined forces with An Coláiste Pobail Osraí. Everyone had a great day.
SUGGESTIONS: All suggestions welcome and all suggestions are discussed at the monthly meetings. Thank You to those who have made suggestions and comments to date. The Suggestion Box is inside the school front door on the left. Alternatively email email@example.com